Lip Seal by Craigs Custom Motorcycles
Order Lip Seal by Phone [link_obfuscate_telephone tel=”717-944-9141″] or FAX 717-944-9452 or [email-obfuscate email=”firstname.lastname@example.org”].
10 Pack Lip Seal $150 plus $9.95 S & H
Singe Pack Lip Seal $25 Plus $7 S & H
Craig’s Custom Motorcycles makes no guarantees on the performance of Lip Seal.
The success of Lip Seal depends upon proper application.
Blisters getting you down?
If bung hole blisters are sabotaging your custom paint job, we have the solution for you! At Craig’s Custom Motorcycles, we’ve had over four years of testing our Lip Seal on the hundreds of gas tanks we’ve painted since 2003. This sealant will eradicate blisters caused by gas fumes seeping under the paint layer, preventing reworks which COST you time and money. Reduce your failure rate to 1 in 100!
3. Remove the clip on the Lip Seal and knead the tube several minutes to mix the clear compounds into a milky sealant.
6. For raised-lip gas tanks, apply the sealant over both the inside unfinished metal and the outside painted rim. For flush-mounted gas tanks, apply the sealant only to the inside unfinished metal, up to the edge of the paint.
7. Wipe off any excess sealant on the threads. Allow to air-cure over 24 hours at room temperature. For instant cure, bake under an infrared lamp for 5 minutes. Allow area to cool, then bake again for another 5 minutes. Set timer to prevent over-baking!
8. After the 24-hour cure, the bung hole may still be slightly tacky. This is normal, so just apply a thin layer of oil to the seal gasket of the gas cap.
9. Each tube of Lip Seal is good for 2 to 4 gas tank applications, when applied at the same time. Discard unused sealant.
Lip Seal Tech Sheet
Craig’s Custom Motorcycles Web Site: craigscustoms.com
Lip Seal is a clear, near transparent, medium viscosity epoxy adhesive formulation developed for rigid
laminating, sealing and bonding applications where the combination of good wetting plus improved
mechanical electrical properties is required. This two-part liquid epoxy adhesive contains no solvents
and is easy to mix, use and apply at room temperature. Lip Seal develops strong, rigid, high
performance bonds to itself and to ceramics, glass and glass fabrics, metals, laminates and other
composite materials, forestry and masonry products, and to most rigid plastics. Fully cured Lip Seal is
an effective electrical insulator, and further provides excellent resistance to weather, galvanic action,
vapors, JP4 fuel, gasoline, lubricants and other petroleum products, mild acids and alkalis, salts, and
other organic and inorganic compounds.
Color Clear, Transparent
Specific gravity, mixed 1.21
Viscosity, cps, mixed ((after mixing) @ 25°C) 12000
Thixotropic index 1
Operating temperature range, °C -60/125
Hardness, Shore D 87
Mix ratio, pbw, Resin/Hardener 100/25
Coefficient of expansion, cm/cm/°C 0.000052
Impact, izod, ft. lbs/inch of notch 0.2
Dielectric strength, volts/mil 420
Dielectric constant (1 KHz @ 25°C) 4.1
Dissipation factor (1 KHz @ 25°C) 0.02
Volume resistivity, ohm-cm @ 25°C 60000000000000
Volume resistivity, ohm-cm @ 25°C (ohm-cm @ 100°C) 9800000000
Reactive solids contents, % 100
Outgassing, NASA Passes
24 hours @ 25°C or
4 hours @ 65°C